In the next few series of blog posts I will be demonstrating some delicious food I’ve had recently here in Georgia, USA. Starting with… Southern Art Restaurant and Bourbon Bar!
This restaurant is actually part of the InterContinental Hotel located in the heart of Buckhead. This, in my opinion, makes it a lot harder to find and also more rare for people looking for good food to stumble on. The nice part about this is that it was not ridiculously busy even though I visited on a Saturday night. Here’s the delicious food I devoured here (and for the entire menu check it out here, but keep in mind they do change it up every now and then).
- Southern Art Butcher’s Board: This was a selection of cured, smoked, poached, and dried meats along with mustards and relishes.
- Niman Ranch Pork Shank: This was AMAZING. Description: Sweet potato puree, ham braised greens, bourbon jus.
- Chocolate Souffle Cake (Gluten Free Option): This was a rich flour-less chocolate cake finished with candied pecans and bourbon cherries.
Some other awesomeness that friends sampled at Southern Art:
- Grilled Filet of Ribeye: Sorghum glazed new onions, fried green tomatoes, jalapeno grits, with country ham scallion sauce.
- Roasted Salmon: Turnips, Brussels sprouts, beech mushrooms, mustard seed sherry sauce.
Thanks to Sara over at russiandesolation who is the friend that took the awesome pictures for me since my phone was taking horrible pictures!