On Sunday morning (okay, it was more like noon…), I woke up to see an avocado in the fridge I had forgotten all about. As much as I love avocados, I don’t usually eat it for breakfast. That’s when I remembered hearing or seeing some where that you can bake an egg in an avocado. Perfect! So here’s what I whipped up for breakfast/brunch: Baked Eggs in Avocado:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Eggs (Smaller the Better)
- Salt and Pepper, as desired
0. Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Half your avocado, and remove the pit. (If you’ve never done this before, here’s a good way to cut it in half and also to remove the pit. Follow steps 1-5. It’ll be easier if you use a sharp and heavier knife to remove the pit.) Place avocados on baking sheet.
3. Depending on how big the hole your pit removal left you in the avocado, you may want to use a spoon and scrape some avocado out to make the hole bigger. This is to make room for that egg you are about to crack in it.
4. Try to balance the avocado so that it doesn’t tilt to its sides, and then crack a preferably small egg in to the hole of the avocado. Do this slowly as to minimize the amount of egg that overflows all over the place. This is pretty much going to happen if the hole is not big enough to fit the whole egg.
5. Stick the avocados in to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending how you like your eggs. I baked mine for 20 minutes, and it was just right for me.
6. Now sprinkle salt and pepper as desired, and it’s all ready to be eaten! I prefer to use a small spoon and scoop it out to eat.
You may also like...