It’s true. Cookies aren’t really paleo. But sometimes you just get that super intense cookie craving. Better yet… a chocolate cookie craving! Well, I have these “Paleo” cookie recipes on this site just for this occasion. So that if you’re going to satisfy your craving, at least do it more gracefully with healthier ingredients!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cups coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
0. Preheat oven at 325°F.
1. While your oven heats up, mix all your dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
2. In another bowl, mix your liquid ingredients together: Egg, melted butter , honey, and vanilla extract.
3. Mix the dry ingredients with the liquid ones until mixed very well together.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and then scoop out your mix on to the parchment paper, leaving spaces between each cookie-to-be. This cookie dough can be very sticky and wet, so if you can’t make it in to amazing shape, don’t worry about it, we can fix this later.
5. Pop the baking sheet in to the over and bake for 10 minutes at 325°F.
6. Take out the cookies and here’s your chance to fix it in to a nicer shape if you weren’t successful earlier. The dough is not sticky now but still soft so you can take a wooden spatula/spoon and press down to make the cookies flatter/rounder. I like my cookies to have that rough home made cookies look so all I did was flatten it:
7. Bake another 10 minutes or until cookies are firm. If you didn’t care for step #6 where you took it out to fix it for appearance sake, then you could’ve just skipped it and done a full bake.
And that’s it! Your chocolate craving can now be fixed as you eat your yummy paleo chocolate cookies :)
You may also like...