If you’re struggling to find the perfect present for friends and family that live a Paleo lifestyle for the holidays, you’ve come to the right place! Here are some awesome gift ideas for those that love being paleo.
I’ve divided this in to 2 sections:
- Food related gifts you can buy at the store
- Food gifts you can make yourself
- Fitness related presents
Store Bought Presents
Food Processor/Food Chopper
Food processors are great for paleo eaters (if they don’t already have one!). Cooking at home and eating homemade foods is a big part of being paleo, and there are unlimited recipes that either require a food processor or will making cooking at home 290% easier if you have one!
If a Food Processor wasn’t in your price range, Food choppers are a pretty great substitute too! Though it won’t be able to do a lot of the hardcore things like turn almonds magically to almond flour, it is still super useful for everyday cooking.
Slow cookers are awesome because you can throw everything in there, come back a few hours, and feast your homemade paleo meal for DAYS. If your paleo friend or family member doesn’t already have one… get one for them!
Sounds pretty broad, doesn’t it? Let me specify. As I mentioned before, cooking at home is a big part of being paleo. There are a lot of kitchen tools that will aid cooking primal foods such as:
- Measuring cups
- Knives (such as this cool Multi-Purpose Pastry Scraper/Chopper)
- Pots and pans (Cast Iron is always cool.)
- Baking pans (ex: Bakeware Set)
- Kitchen tool sets
- Mixing bowls
- Steak knife set (because paleo + steak = <3 )
But if you want to get even more interesting/more paleo oriented… here are 2 more:
1. Avocado Slicer. Not every paleo person likes avocado, but most do and some eat lots and lots and lots and LOTS of it! This little tool will help them get to its tasty green meat as soon as possible.
2. Julienne Peeler. One of the things you cut out when you start eating paleo is noodles… unless you make zucchini or squash noodles! This is a pretty common dish amongst the paleo community, and Julienne Peelers help get that job done. Another alternative is the Mandolin Slicer. However, if this isn’t enough of a present for you… then try:
3. Paderno Slicer! If you want to go all out on the peeler, this Spiral slicer is like one fancy-ass step up for making zucchini noodles. Don’t believe me? Check out this video that shows you what it is and what it does! The action really starts at 1 min 49 sec.
Paleo Recipe Books
Not sure if they even know how to cook? Why not start them off on the path to! There’s a large selection of Paleo Recipe Books you can find on Amazon! Here are some just to name a few:
- Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
- Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great
- Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
Make It Yourself Presents
Seasoned Nuts/Trail Mixes
Nuts are probably the most popular paleo snack. It’s healthy and it’s easy. So why not season it up and give it a personal touch before handing it over as a gift?
Here are some good recipes to try out:
- Elana’s Pantry’s Paleo Spiced Nuts
- The Clothes Make The Girl’s Spiced Nuts
- Paleo Diet Lifestyle’s Spiced Nuts (scroll all the way down)
- Nom Nom Paleo’s Paleo Trail Mix
- Paleo Plan’s Trail mix
A healthy way of approaching cooking is less salt, more spices. That is why a lot of paleo recipes include a good spice mix. So help out your paleo buddy by making a spice mix for them!
The steps are pretty similar to the one before, just mix up all the difference spices, put it in a mason jar, cap and ribbon and you’re done. Here are some good ones to try:
- Pumpkin spice mix
- Gingerbread spice mix
- Chinese 5-spice mix
- Curry powder mix
- Cajun spice mix
- Herbs de Provence mix
You can also find more on this list by Wellness Mama!
Fitness Related Presents
Last but not least, many paleo eaters are also big fitness fans. For example, a lot of paleo eaters are also CrossFitters. After all, eating paleo is all about keeping your body healthy, and exercising is a very big part of keeping your body healthy. So if your paleo friend or family is also in to keeping fit, here are some presents you can also check out:
If your fitness friend works out in his/her home, weights are a great gift if you know they lift weights! Kettlebells are also used commonly in CrossFit. However, if they only work out at a gym or CrossFit gym, they may not need any weights.
This is pretty standard fitness present. If you know their size, it’s a great idea to get them new workout clothes or shoes (example: Brooks Women’s Ravenna 4 Running Shoes). I know that I can never have enough workout apparel.
Don’t know their size? No matter. Gift cards to fitness clothing and shoe stores should do the trick! I know that I personally prefer gift cards… that way I can pick out exactly what I want, instead of pretending to like the gift and then never wearing it again…
Beyond The Whiteboard
This gift is for CrossFitters. Beyond The Whiteboard is a website that helps you:
- Plan your workouts
- Log your workouts and progress
- Analyze your results
So if your giftee is a big CrossFit fan, they might enjoy getting a subscription to this website!
You may also like...