I know, Paleo Muffins… it doesn’t sound right. To be honest I’m not going to lie and tell you it’s healthy or anything crazy like that, but some times (maybe a special occasion), you want a treat here and there, and I will say that it is smarter to eat a “Paleo” muffin made with ground almond and honey versus some cupcake you buy at Walmart that’s loaded with sugar, and also contains artificial sweeteners and color additives.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Yield:8-12 depending on your muffin size
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 0.5 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- Sprinkle of sea salt
0. Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Combine your dry ingredients (Almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt) in a mixing bowl. Mix well together.
2. In another bowl, mix together your liquid ingredients (Honey, eggs, and vanilla extract).
3. Add the liquid ingredients in to the large bowl of dry ingredients and mix it all together. Usually, I use a hand mixer, this time I actually used a whisk because I was too lazy to wash my hand mixer whisks that I had just used for making those 2 ingredient paleo pancakes the night before…
5. Spoon the muffin mix in to the paper muffin liners. I recommend about spooning about 3/4 full. It will rise out a little too much if you fill it up all the way.
6. Bake for 35 minutes (maybe a little more depending on your over, so check it first! You can stick a toothpick into the center of a muffin, and if it comes out clean, you’re good.)
7. (Optional) If you want to decorate it with some frosting, then let it cool before you do so! Otherwise it’ll just melt all over the place and you’ll have a mess.
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!