The other day I was shopping for some healthy snacks and I stumbled across some sweet potato chips. They were not bad, but it got me thinking. How hard would it be to make this myself? It probably wouldn’t be hard AND it would probably cut out a lot of unhealthy stuff that they might add to the store bought bag of chips, right? Well, I was right! Here’s how I made these easy and healthy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 sweet potato, cleaned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, as desired
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon (optional)
0. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
1. Slice sweet potatoes really thin, like so:
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix olive oil, salt, and cinnamon together.
3. Throw your sliced sweet potatoes in to the bowl and mix it all together well.
4. Place aluminum foil over a baking sheet (I guess this is optional, but I do this so that they don’t stick to the pan).
5. Place sweet potato slices on baking sheet side by side.
6. Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes. I say about because different ovens probably will vary. For me it took 35, but I heard others making it in 20 mins. I would just start checking it at 20 every couple mins to make sure it doesn’t all burn.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool off before serving!