Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone’s long weekend is going awesome. Speaking of awesomeness, I’m happy to announce that today’s post is brought to you by Jess from Nummy for My Tummy! If you haven’t already visited her site, you’re in for a treat. Jess has a lot of delicious Paleo and Gluten free recipes to drool over!
So here’s the awesome guest post:
Let me start this off by informing you this was made for my 21 Day Sugar Detox, so this isn’t your typical sugary coffee cake. Now, let’s get on with it
For many, Mothers Day means 1 day of sweets or some other treat, but for me it means my birthday is days away. This year is slightly different from the rest as I’ve decided to partake in another round of the 21 Day Sugar Detox. The detox happens during Mothers Day, my birthday and ends just after Memorial Day weekend. UGH! In preparation I started toying around with making some sort of dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth and came up with this Apple Spice Coffee Cake.
- 6 eggs
- 3 medium granny smith apples
- 1/2 c + 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1/3 c coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil , melted
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 400 °F and lightly grease a cake pan that’s approximately 8″.
- Core apples and place into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract to apple mixture and blend until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour apple mixture into flour mixture and using an electric mixture, mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Once ingredients are well combined you can add the melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Pour batter into cake pan and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- Place cake into oven and bake for 35 minutes (or until knife comes out clean from the center).
Ways to follow Nummy for My Tummy:
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!