Sometimes you want to have a healthy meal but you just don’t have all that energy to make it! Instead of making some unhealthy food fast just to satisfy the starving tummies, you can make an entire meal all in the oven. I started with… Oven Baked Salmon! Then, Garlic Baby Portobello Mushrooms! Part three of the oven baked dinner is Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks!
If you’re okay with a little gluten, then traditionally, soy sauce is used. However, if you’re gluten free intolerant or on the paleo diet, feel free to substitute with coconut aminos!
This one does involve some prep before hand – marinating the chicken for half an hour. So if you are thinking “ain’t no body got time for that” then you can skip this one for your Oven Baked Dinner or just cover the chicken with the teriyaki sauce and then bake.
- 10 Chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or coconut amino if you are paleo
- 4 tbsp of Honey
- 4 tbsp rice wine (optional)
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt, as desired
- Mix soy sauce (or coconut amino), sea salt, honey, and garlic in a bowl.
- Marinate the drumsticks in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
In case you missed it, this recipe is part of a A Super Easy Oven Baked Dinner series! The point is making the entire dinner in the oven all at once. So here’s the 4 recipes you can make together in the oven:
- Oven Baked Salmon (A Super Easy Oven Baked Dinner Part I)
- Oven Baked Garlic Baby Portobello Mushrooms (A Super Easy Oven Baked Dinner Part II)
- Oven Baked Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks (A Super Easy Oven Baked Dinner Part III)
- Oven Baked Asparagus (A Super Easy Oven Baked Dinner Part IV)