I absolutely love experimenting and creating new recipes! To tell the truth it is not always a success… but this time it definitely was! Here’s an easy and delicious paleo dinner made for two (or more): Pan Fried Salmon with Coconut Bell Pepper Puree Blend.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Two 6-8 oz salmon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
For the bell peppers, you can chose half of two different kinds to make it sexier. I chose a yellow bell pepper and a red bell pepper – SEXY!! JK? Kinda.
1. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a Skillet over medium heat and add the garlic.
2. Add bell peppers of your choice and saute until it is about halfway cooked. It should be tender.
3. While that’s going on, in another skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. (If you hate multitasking, just wait till the bell peppers are completely cooked before moving to this step.)
4. Place Salmon in the skillet and cook until cooked thoroughly on 1 side. I’ve found that this can take any where from 4-10 minutes depending on your stove.
5. Using a spatula, carefully flip the fish over and cook until cooked thoroughly on the other side.
6. Now in a food chopper/food processor/blender, add the coconut milk along with the cooked bell peppers. I used a Food Chopper because I don’t like it SUPER blended/pureed.
8. Place Salmon in a dish and then pour the puree blend over that Salmon.