I know, when you hear “Brewing” in the title you’re like, really? Paleo… there? Well, Eating Paleo at 5 Seasons Brewing might be hard, but it could be done, or at least something close to it. One thing pretty awesome about 5 Seasons is that they buy from local farms.
Since they make beer, they’ve made many farmer buddies over the years and even have a page on which farms they currently work with locally (here).
There are actually three locations (Prado, Westside, and Alpharetta) and their menus are about the same. I’ve been to all three, and I’d have to say I don’t think I can choose a favorite at this point.
So last week, I ended up going to the Prado one in Sandy Springs. It was Fat Tuesday and I was getting Fat… Tuesday (haha, not really funny, you don’t have to laugh.)
So, straight off the menu, there are salad choices that looked like good choices:
- Organic Farm Greens: Greens with Onions, Tomatoes, Radishes, and a sesame/ginger vinaigrette
- Balsamic Slow Cooked Beets: Arugula, Goat Cheese (skip it if you’re dairy free), Maple-glazed walnuts, onions, lemon zest
- Club Salad: Chicken, Bacon, Ham, Field Greens, Onions, Pickles, Tomatoes, Croutons and Ranch.
- Skip the croutons and ranch and choose a more paleo dressing of your own choice!
But what really caught my eye was this:
- Ropa Vieja: Braised all natural steak, tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, lime, avocado mashed potatoes & plantain chips
SIGN ME UP.
Ropa Vieja is a Cuban Dish and is Spanish for “Old Clothes”. I did some research as to why this dish would be called that learned that it’s because back in the old days, this dish used to be made from leftovers of another dish, a Spanish Bean Stew. Now, most people just make it as its own dish.
Anyway, so this is what showed up:
This was pretty amazing and has a kick to it for those of you that are in to that sort of thing. The sauce was pretty flavorful and the plantain chips and colorful mashed potatoes made a nice visual treat that went along with the tastiness – so I do recommend!
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!