Now for something a little different… have you ever had a Cactus Aloe Vera Smoothie before? This smoothie is amazingly healthy for you and is said to also be great for allergy relief (perfect to try this out now).
Some health benefits of Aloe and Cactus
Aloe Vera is high in vitamins and strengthens the immune system. Aloe vera juice is one of the best detox foods – it helps with acid reflux, and improves digestion and cleanses your colon.
As for the Prickly Pear Cactus, it is rich in minerals magnesium and potassium, which both support body functions. It also boosts your antioxidant levels and is a great source of fiber.
About this smoothie
If you’re wondering what it tastes like, it tastes very crisp and refreshing, but it can definitely be an acquired taste for many, so I wouldn’t start making this in batch if you’ve never tried it before!
- 1/2 of an Aloe Vera Leaf
- 1 medium Prickly Pear Cactus Leaf (I buy it with prickles already removed, and sometimes if they dont’ a good job, I take a knife and just cut out the prickles manually)
- 1 medium Orange
- Ice (Optional)
Cactus Aloe Vera Smoothie Instructions
1. Cut the cactus leaf in the 1 by 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Remove the Aloe Vera ‘flesh’ from the hard exterior. A small knife helps peel it back.
3. Peel the orange and cut in to pieces.
4. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high.
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!