It’s harvest season and if you are like me, you are overwhelmed with both fresh garden produce and the heat. I mean what are you suppose to do with 4 tubs filled with cucumbers when it is 85 degrees out!
After dehydrating 4 gallons of Italian prunes, canning 8 quarts of applesauce and 12 quarts of fruit cocktail, a simple dinner without the added heat of the oven or stove is a must! These tuna salad wraps are fresh, easy and pack the protein you’ll need to finish canning those beans and beets.
Paleo Tuna Salad Wraps Ingredients
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: None
Yield: 4 Large Lettuce Wraps
- 1 4-oz can of Tuna wild albacore
- 1 Head of Romaine lettuce (leaves washed and separated)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/8 cup diced celery
- 5 kosher refrigerator pickles diced (recipe here!)
- 3 Tblsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tblsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tblsp Sea Salt
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon or lime juiced
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1 Tomato sliced
Paleo Tuna Salad Wraps Instructions
In a bowl combine tuna, onion, celery, pickles, parsley, pepper, salt, olive oil, lemon/lime juice, cilantro (optional) and jalapeno (optional) using a fork.
Fill cleaned romaine lettuce hearts and garnish with tomato and avocado.
You may also like...