I brought this Paleo Pumpkin Chili to a potluck yesterday, and it was a hit! The best part other being able to say “Yep, I made that!” was that it was actually super easy to make! So, if you’re looking for a pumpkin flavored chili recipe, look no further, this is it!
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cans of 14 oz diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1-2 can(s) of 15 oz pumpkin puree (I use 1 can but for those of you that LOVE pumpkin taste, you can go for 2)
- 1 can of 4 oz green chiles
- 6 oz of tomato paste
- 1 cup broth of your choice (ex: chicken, bone broth, etc)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Sea salt and pepper, as desired
Dice your onions, and slice your celery, and mince your garlic if not already done.
Heat butter or coconut oil in soup/stock pot in medium heat.
Add diced onion, celery and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes so that the onion and celery start to soften.
Add pork sausage, ground beef to the pot and continue to sauté.
Once browned, add diced fire roasted tomatoes, pumpkin puree, green chiles, tomato paste, broth, and all the spices in to pot and mix well.
Simmer for 20 minutes, mixing it occasionally.
Looking for more paleo chili recipes? How about this one with a major kick: Spicy Paleo Slow Cooker Chili (without Chili Powder)!
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!