I discovered Greek food this summer, and when I finally tried the chicken salad that the Greek place at the mall makes, I knew I had to come up with my own recipe. This Greek Chicken Salad with Tzatziki Dressing recipe is great for meal-preppers like myself or people who don’t have a lot of time to cook, because you basically do all of the hard work the night before and then throw everything together when you’re ready to eat it.
Active time: 15 minutes
Inactive time: 6+ hours
- Baby spinach, kale, or your favorite salad greens
- Your favorite salad accouterments (I put chickpeas in there which is gluten free but not paleo)
- 2 lbs. chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 large English cucumber
- 6 oz. Greek yogurt or your favorite Paleo yogurt substitute (try Paleo Plan’s simple coconut milk yogurt substitute)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- First, you’ll create the marinade for the chicken. Combine all ingredients for the chicken in a plastic container with a lid or a plastic bag and let chicken marinade overnight.
- Create the tzatziki dressing, which we will also allow to sit in the refrigerator and meld overnight.
- Shred 1/2 large english cucumber into a bowl.
- Take a paper towel and press it into the shredded cucumber repeatedly until most of the excess water is removed.
- Add the Greek yogurt or Paleo yogurt substitute to the bowl and stir.
- Mince two cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of fresh dill and stir them into the dressing.
- Add the juice of 1/4 lemon, one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and chill overnight.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken to the pan, allowing it to cook through, about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the salad — put down your greens, slice the chicken, add your favorite salad toppings and drizzle the tzatziki dressing over the top. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more ways to use chicken and cucumber in your salads? Check out our Chinese Shredded Chicken and Cucumber Salad!