This Easy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry is easy and paleo-approved — and the one-pan preparation makes cleanup a breeze! I love how flavorful this is without being overwhelming; sometimes when I get orange chicken from a restaurant, I feel like I’m just eating solid orange juice and the flavor is too sweet for me. This preparation leaves you with a subtle, fragrant orange flavor and a small kick from the fresh garlic and ginger, making it great for all palates. If you do like more of that flavor, the fresh orange garnish makes it easy for you to adjust. And, as my recipes usually are, this one is great for meal prep. The sauce keeps the chicken juicy, and if you leave your veggies just-this-side of crunchy, they’ll turn out perfect when you microwave.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Easy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry Ingredients
1.5 lbs. boneless chicken breast
1 bundle asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped
8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. minced ginger
1/2 large naval orange
1/4 tsp. orange zest
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. coconut aminos
1 tbsp. coconut flour
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking fat/oil of choice (I used coconut oil)
Easy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry Directions
- Preheat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. of your cooking fat/oil. Chop chicken breast into pieces roughly one inch in size and add to the pan, sprinkling liberally with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken becomes opaque throughout, about 6-8 minutes.
- Set chicken aside and return wok to heat. Add another tablespoon of your cooking fat/oil and then add the mushrooms and asparagus. Stir-fry until they are tender yet still crisp, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and ginger to pan a minute or two before the vegetables have finished cooking. Then return chicken to wok.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of 1/2 orange, orange zest, chicken broth, honey, coconut aminos and coconut flour. Whisk and add to the wok. The sauce will thicken quickly, so make sure to keep stirring the ingredients together so that everything is covered.
- Serve! Garnish with additional orange slices. Makes about 3-4 servings.
Craving more stir fry? Check out our Chinese Stir Fry Shrimp with Eggs and Basil!
You may also like...