Tired of the same old chicken dishes? Here’s something a little different! This Chinese Spicy Portobello Mushroom Chicken uses dried red chili peppers, which gives it a delicious little kick. So if you are a fan of spicy, and Asian flavor foods, you will love this!
- 1 lb Chicken Thigh (or Chicken Breast if you prefer white meat)
- 5 to 10 Dried red chili peppers (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 8 oz Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 Scallions, cut in to 1 inch slices
- 2 tbsp Cooking Fat/oil of choice
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (or coconut amino if gluten free or paleo)
- 1/2 tbsp Potato Starch
- Sea Salt, as desired
Cut the chicken in to bite sized pieces. n a mixing bowl, mix the chicken pieces with the potato starch and soy sauce or coconut amino. Set aside.
Slice up your Baby portobello mushrooms.
In a skillet, heat up your cooking fat/oil of choice and add the dried red chili peppers. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken and stir-fry until the meat is brown (about 2-3 mins).
Add the scallions and mushrooms and stir-fry for about 2 more minutes. At this point, you can check that your chicken is thoroughly cooked and taste if you want to add more salt or not.
Move to a plate and serve!
Want to try another delicious Asian Chicken recipe? Try my most popular one yet… the Coconut Curry Chicken!
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!