It’s the time of year where there seems to be a party or event every weekend. While I love seeing people I don’t see as often as I should, I find myself indulging in non-Paleo snacks more often than I should. This year, I’ve tried a new tactic! I bring Paleo-friendly appetizers to every gathering and this Paleo Spanish Fig Bread is always a hit for my paleo and non-paleo friends!
It is simple, easy to make and goes delicious aside the ever popular charcuterie and antipasto platters! My favorite way to eat Fig Bread is with good quality Prosciutto and Castelvetrano olives. YUM!!!
- ~ 1 lb of dried figs (turkish or mission)
- 3 oz of almonds (sprouted is preferable)
- 1 Tbsp of honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of cloves
- 2 Tbsp of brandy (or water)
- Toast the almonds in pan over medium until fragrant.
- In a food processor, place the toasted almonds and pulse until coarsely chopped. Remove from processor, but don’t wash the blade.
- Chop the stems off the dried figs. The stems tend to be tough and hard and don’t make for a soft and spreadable fig mixture.
- Place the chopped figs in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add brandy (or water) and continue to pulse until is starts to form a paste. Add cinnamon and cloves and pulse to combine.
- Put almonds and honey in the fig mixture and process for ~ 1 minute to incorporate.
- Remove from bowl onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Form into a disk shape. Well as disk like as you can, as you can see mine isn’t perfectly round!
- Wrap tightly with parchment paper and let set in the fridge with a weight on top for 3-5 days.
- Slice into wedges and serve. Viola!
You can bring the whole disk as a hostess gift or just a wedge and some olives for an appetizer. It is the perfect delicious paleo appetizer that everyone is sure to enjoy! For another supereasy appetizer to bring to your next party check out these amazing bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers! Both these appetizers are sure to make you a hit at any party!
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!