Shrimp lovers, here’s an easy peasy dish you can try out! It’s not only easy, but also quite delicious! It’s Shrimp and Celery Stir Fry! This dish is actually a pretty common one that my mom makes at home. The ginger, scallions and cooking wine really adds yummy flavor to this dish, and I love the crunchiness of the celery!
- 1/2 pound Large Shrimp , peeled and de-veined
- 1 tbsp of Potato starch
- 1 tbsp of Michiu (Rice cooking wine) or white cooking wine of choice.
- 2 scallions, cut in to 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp sliced Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil/fat of choice
- 8 stalks Celery , diagonally sliced
- Sea salt, as desired
In a large bowl, combine the shrimp with potato starch and cooking wine. Gently toss to coat the shrimp, and then set aside.
Heat a skillet over high heat. Add cooking oil/fat and wait for it to be heated. Add sliced ginger and shrimp. Cook for about a minute, and then flip sides and cook for another minute. Shrimp should be pink. Remove from heat.
Add the celery and cook for 2 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the scallions and stir for 1 more minute. Add salt to taste and serve warm.