Coconut curry chicken is not only a super flavorful dish, but it’s also easy to make and healthy for you! I have my mom to thank for this one! I learned this delicious recipe from her :) Warning though, you are going to get SO hungry cooking this because the coconut milk smells amazing!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 1 potato
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Olive oil
- Salt, as desired
1. Cut your potatoes up in to cubes, slice up your onions, chop up your garlic, and cut your chicken in to cubes.
2. In a large skillet, in low heat heat up your butter. Once it melts, dump your curry powder in there. Swirl it around until well blended.
3. Add in the can of coconut milk. (The one I used is a Thai coconut milk, but if you can’t find that any where there’s Thai Kitchen’s available here.) Swirl it around.
4. Keep the coconut milk blend heated up and in a separate skillet, sauté the garlic and the onions with the olive oil.
5. Once the onions are translucent, throw in the cubed chickens.
6. Once the meat is cooked very lightly, throw the cubed potatoes and the sauté chicken/onion/garlic mix in to the coconut milk/curry powder mix. Mix it all together well, and turn the heat to high. Once it starts simmering, lower the heat to medium low, and cover.
7. Let it cook for about 30 minutes or when your chicken is cooked thoroughly (and try not to die of hunger with all that delicious coconut milk aroma in the air!).
And that’s it! Dinner is served, and it is GOOOOOOD.
- Creamy Paleo Cashew Curry Cauliflower (paleopot.com)
- Red or Green Thai Curry (everydaypaleo.com)
- Thai Chicken Curry Soup (paleodietlifestyle.com)