Can you have pan fried chicken if you are eating gluten free or paleo? Some will say you can’t but, you can! You can do this with almond flour or almond meal! Here’s a simple recipe for pan frying almond crusted chicken.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Cooking oil/fat of your choice
1. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk.
2. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (almond flour/meal, paprika, garlic powder, salt/pepper and cayenne pepper if you want a kick!).
3. Dip the chicken thigh in to the bowl of eggs, then in to the flour mixture.
4. Heat up your cooking oil (I used a mixture of coconut oil and butter) in a pan.
5. Once your oil is heated and ready, place your chicken pieces in to the pan slowly. Be careful here as the oil is hot and you don’t want to get burned!
6. Cook the chicken thoroughly (about 10-12 minutes on each side) on medium high heat or until juices run clear. I used tongs for this as it makes it easier.
And that’s it! When complete, put aside on some paper towels if you want to make it a little bit less greasy, but when I make this, I don’t even do that as they don’t usually turn out too greasy for me.
- Easy Spice Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters (ohsnapletseat.com)
- A Healthy Super Bowl Snack: Gluten-Free Chick-Fil-A Nuggets (ohsnapletseat.com)
- Paleo Chicken Shawarma (paleocupboard.com)