No joke on the super easy part. This Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes is THE easiest way to make Mashed Potatoes ever in my experience. One thing you don’t have to pay attention to why you juggle the rest of the menu! Here’s how you make Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes!
Btw, here’s a note on potatoes + paleo: It used to be that all potatoes except for sweet potatoes are considered as non-paleo, but this has changed a bit recently. Many paleo experts now put potatoes “back on the paleo menu“.
With that said… I truly think you should make your diet yours. Eat what you think is is healthy, don’t eat what you don’t think is healthy – Cut out the processed foods, and consume more nutrient dense things… and white potatoes do have their nutritional benefits. If you are anti potatoes, ignore this recipe and don’t eat any. If you think that there are nutritional benefits to eating them, go on ahead!
- 3 lbs Red Potatoes
- 1 cup broth of your choice (ex: chicken, bone broth, etc)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk (or more!)
- Salt and Pepper, as desired
0. You have some choices with your red potatoes! You can remove the skin or not. I don’t, but if you hate the skins in your mashed potatoes, you can remove it. If you don’t care like me, go to the next step.
1. Cut your potatoes in to smaller pieces and place in Slow Cooker.
2. Add broth, butter, and minced garlic to the slow cooker.
3. Turn Slow Cooker on to High and cook for 3-4 hours.
5. Add Coconut Milk, Salt, and Pepper to Potatoes as you keep Mashing. Obviously if you like yours more creamy you can add more Coconut Milk than 1/2 cup.