It’s that time of the year… and no, not Christmas, I meant Super Bowl time! Last year I posted a yummy healthy super bowl recipe, this Gluten-Free and Garbage-Free Chick-Fil-A Nuggets, and this year, I have another snack perfect for watching the Super Bowl… or any time, really! It’s Paleo Sausage Stuffed Baby Portobello Mushrooms!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 stuffed shrooms
- 12 baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of sausage
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
0. Preheat oven at 400°F.
1. Pop off the stems from the baby portobello mushrooms.
2. Chop up those stems, onions, and garlic finely. I actually did this using a food chopper because I was feeling lazy.
4. Add the chopped stems, onions, and garlic, and set aside to let cool.
5. In a large bowl, mix sausage, egg, coconut flour, and the cooled down chopped stems, onions, garlic. Also add the dried sage if you would like. The reason I said the sage was optional was because, technically you can add whatever kind of spice you want. For example, try dried basil! It’s also delicious.
6. Scoop the mixture out with a spoon and stuff it in the mushroom caps.
7. Coat the shroom caps with olive oil, and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes or until sausage is cooked thoroughly, and then you’re done! (If you want to add some color to them… go to step 8.)
8. Optionally, sprinkle some paprika to add more color!