Going no carbs? Or maybe just would rather eat something more nutrient dense than normal pasta? Paleo? Gluten Free? Well, you get where I’m going here. Make Zucchini Noodles aka Zoodles!
I feel silly for even making this post because it’s such an easy “recipe” but I guess it’s good to have on here anyway as a resource and now you get to see how I make my zucchini noodles.
[schema type=”recipe” name=”Zucchini Noodles” image=”http://i.imgur.com/iRSpls0s.jpg” prepmins=”5″ cookmins=”5″ yield=”1″ ingrt_1=”1 large zucchini” ingrt_2=”1 tbsp coconut oil” ingrt_3=”1 clove of garlic, minced” ingrt_4=”Sea salt, as desired” ingrt_5=”Julienne slicer”]
1. Optional: Use a regular peeler to remove the skin from vegetables. I don’t do this by the way, because I like the color contrast between the zucchini skin and the zucchini insides.
2. Hold down the zucchini with one hand and place the julienne blade against the vegetable. Apply pressure and carefully start pulling the blade from one side to the other. It is so super fun.
3. Repeat until you got enough zucchini noodles to satisfy your tummy. You can also switch it up at the end! I cube it at the very end.
4. Now heat up your coconut oil along with the garlic in a large skillet.
5. Once heated, throw your zucchini noodles and sea salt in there and stir it around for the next couple minutes. Depending on your portion, should be about 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add whatever you want on it! Here are some awesome sauces to check out:
10 Paleo Pasta Sauces to Try!