‘Tis the Season for the infamous PSL. Anymore, the pumpkin spice latte marks the start of fall as much, if not more, than the changing of the leaves. Being lactose-intolerant, I am familiar with going without flavor or cream in my coffee. Now, with the flood of dairy-free options in coffee houses and stores, I can finally be part of the movement and enjoy a delicious PSL. WRONG. So, just like with my own spiked version of Paleo-Eggnog (soon to come), I made my Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte!
It happened by mistake. I was making a roasted pumpkin soup and I had a few spoonfuls of extra pumpkin. The idea sparked and now you have it. Paleo PSL.
The recipe was so good that my friends and family begged me to make another batch to share. This time, I roasted the pumpkins a litter different. I placed a cinnamon stick under each half, and that made all the difference in the world!
So go ahead, enjoy a PSL and feel good about it. Nothing refined and made entirely out of leftover ingredients from other pumpkin recipes.
- 3-4 Tbsp (or a dollop) Roasted pumpkin ( 350 F for 40 minutes until soft)
- 1 pint of unsweetened coconut creamer
- 3 Tblsp real maple syrup (I used Vermont grade B)
- 2 Tblsp cinnamon
- 1 Tblsp nutmeg
- 1 Tblsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Put all the ingredients in a magic bullet or blender.
- Blend until completely combined. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Enjoy! (If you’re drinking it later, be sure to shake it up before you do!)
Want to try another hot beverage? Check out this Ridiculously Delicious Paleo Hot Chocolate!
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!