There’s actually a lot of versions of Bacon Wrapped Asparagus out there, but mine is slightly different. Most people bunch several asparagus together and then wrap it together with bacon, but when I’m serving it to guests, I like to make mine a little fancier, and wrap it in singles! The trick is NOT to wrap an entire bacon around the asparagus but to cut it… otherwise you will end up eating WAY too much bacon… not saying you can’t do that… but you might not want to 😉
- Bacon (Nitrate Free)
0. Preheat oven to 400° F.
1. Trim off the hard stem areas of the asparagus. This is usually the bottom 1-2 inches of the asparagus.
2. If you don’t 1 bacon to 1 asparagus ratio, use a pair of scissors to cut the bacon in half horizontal, and then cut the bacon in half vertically. I’ve noticed that if you have less stretchy bacon, you only need to halve it vertically. I did some in many ways, so I can let my guests pick.
3. Stretch and wrap the bacon from one end to the other.
4. Place bacon wrapped asparagus on aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
5. Pop it in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Take out asparagus and flip it over, bake for another 10 minutes or until bacon is done.