In the next few series of blog posts I will be demonstrating some delicious food I’ve had recently here in Georgia, USA. Starting with… Southern Art Restaurant and Bourbon Bar!
This restaurant is actually part of the InterContinental Hotel located in the heart of Buckhead. This, in my opinion, makes it a lot harder to find and also more rare for people looking for good food to stumble on. The nice part about this is that it was not ridiculously busy even though I visited on a Saturday night. Here’s the delicious food I devoured here.
- Southern Art Butcher’s Board: This was a selection of cured, smoked, poached, and dried meats along with mustards and relishes.
- Niman Ranch Pork Shank: This was AMAZING. Description: Sweet potato puree, ham braised greens, bourbon jus.
- Chocolate Souffle Cake (Gluten Free Option): This was a rich flour-less chocolate cake finished with candied pecans and bourbon cherries.
Some other awesomeness that friends sampled at Southern Art:
- Grilled Filet of Ribeye: Sorghum glazed new onions, fried green tomatoes, jalapeno grits, with country ham scallion sauce.
- Roasted Salmon: Turnips, Brussels sprouts, beech mushrooms, mustard seed sherry sauce.