I present to you a yummy and easy gluten-free and paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe! In case you are new to Coconut Flour, let me just tell you that it is one of the healthier flours – it is very high in fiber, is gluten free (perfect for a lot of people that are just figuring out they are allergic to gluten), and is a naturally a bit sweet (yay! less sugary stuff you need to use!)
The only complaint I have is it’s super dry… but that’s easy to fix by adding extra butter or coconut oil! If these cookies look familiar, it’s because it’s very similar to my Paleo Vanilla Cookies recipe from a few months ago. I changed up some of the ingredients though, and added chocolate chips! Not super healthy addition – but a little chocolate never hurt anyone (or at least not me! ) :)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup of Coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (if you want to keep it paleo, try dark chocolate, which isn’t too bad.)
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
0. Preheat oven to 375 °F. 1. Mix the coconut oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract (optional), sprinkle of sea salt all in a large bowl. Mixing these ingredients first will help because coconut flour is very dry and will be harder to beat. I used a mixer to do this as I was super craving chocolate chip cookies asap! 3. Add in the coconut flour and the chocolate chips and mix well with the liquid ingredients. I was in such a hurry, I used my mixer for this too even though I don’t really like using a mixer when I have chunks of chocolate chips in my mixture. If you want, you can also just use a spatula to mix it in.
4. Scoop out about 1 inch chunks of them and then flatten them down on some parchment paper to make them in to cookie shapes. Since I like smaller cookie bites, I made mine smaller.
5. Bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Enjoy yummy cookies! :)
You may also like...