Do you love brownies, but avoid it because you think it’s not good for you? Fear no more! You can eat it once in a while… Here’s an easy recipe for making brownies with healthier ingredients!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Chocolate chips(optional)
0. Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
1. In a large bowl, mix your almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt together.
3. Mix your liquid ingredients together: Eggs, melted butter, honey, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour this liquid mixture into previous dry mixture, and mix it all together well. You can use a hand mixer like I did to speed things up!
5. (Optional) If you want to have chocolate chips, you can add it to this mix too. I couldn’t make up my mind on the chocolate chips so I added it at the very end after I had already put the brownie mix in the pan.
6. Now grab a 8×8 baking dish, and pour the brownie mixture in it.
6. Bake this for about 30-40 minutes. It kind of depends on your oven how long exactly, but a good way to check is to poke it with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean (it’s okay if there’s a few crumbs) then you’re good.
7. Let it completely cool down before cutting it in to your desirable brownie sizes. And then you get ready to shove your face!
**Edit 7/20/13: So sorry, every one! Apparently, I was super dumb and forgot to include honey on the list of ingredients! Please do add honey so that your brownies are sweet (unless you don’t want to, I can’t tell you want to do).You may also like...