The first time I made this ice cream, I made it as the dessert portion of a Valentine’s day dinner for my boyfriend. He was amazed that I, by myself, made it from scratch (without an ice cream maker). For a while, I almost didn’t want to tell him that, not only was it ridiculously easy to make, but it also only consisted of… ONE ingredient. I did end up telling him, and fortunately he was still amazed by the dinner because I’m awesome (just kidding?).
So let’s go on with it then!
Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
That’s it! There’s your one ingredient! (Can you tell I’m very excited?) What I really love about this recipe is that, not only is it delicious, but it is also 100% healthy and Paleo-friendly.
1. Peel the bananas!
2. Cut them into small pieces on a cutting board like so:
3. Put them on a plate (or Plastic freezer Bag):
4. Saran Wrap it (or if you got a plastic bag zip lock it up).
5. Leave them in the freezer for at least 2 hours. When I make this dessert, I usually do these steps a few hours before I want to serve them, and then run off to do other things before coming back to get them out of the freezer. If you’re making other meals this is a good time to switch off to preparing the other dishes.
6. When you take those bananers out in 2 hour or so, they should be all frozen:
7. Now, grab a Blender or a Food Processor, and stick all those frozen banana pieces in there and blend! A warning here is that this can be kind of hard. Literally, hard. The banana pieces are frozen and occasionally they will get stuck, so you want to make sure you have something to poke it around to help the process, like a wooden spoon or something.
Now, I use a blender, and a hardcore one at that! I got this baby as a gift in Taiwan!
8. Throw those frozen bananas in the blender/food processor:
9. Now BLEND! I find it easier to blend, stop and poke it around, and then repeat until….
…they turn in to the following ice cream looking thing!!!
10. Scoop them all out to enjoy your healthy, delicious, dessert you made all by yourself! (Also, you can also use an ice cream scoop to make them look even more ice-cream-y)
You may also like...