Similar to Hasselback Potatoes, Hasselback Sweet Potatoes is a great go-to for when you want to serve sweet potatoes but want it to look fancy! This is the easiest way I have found to make it:
[schema type=”recipe” name=”Easy Hasselback Sweet Potatoes” image=”http://i.imgur.com/EVP4g6Fs.jpg” prepmins=”10″ cookhours=”1″ ingrt_1=”Sweet potatoes” ingrt_2=”Olive oil” ingrt_3=”Scallions, chopped” ingrt_4=”Salt and pepper” ingrt_5=”Butter (optional)” ]
0. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
1. Carefully, slice the potato (but not ALL the way through!) in to thin slices. A good trick I’ve heard of is to use chopsticks or something on the two sides of the potato so that it stops you from accidentally cutting it all the way through.
2. Rub the potatoes with olive oil. Make sure to get in between the slices so that the sweet potato doesn’t dry out in the oven.
3. Line a baking pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil, and then place the potatoes on the baking sheet or baking pan. Stick it in the oven until for about half an hour.
4. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. We are going to fan out the potato slices and make it pretty! Use a butter knife/spreader or something else dull and thin separate the slices from one another.
5. Stick it back in the oven for another half an hour.
6. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and scallions as desired. If you want, I sometimes put small chunks of butter between some of the slices to make it even tastier!