I know just what you are thinking because I’m thinking it too. It’s freezing, and it’s the perfect time for some Hot Chocolate! So I decided to share my awesomely delicious and Paleo Hot Chocolate (or Hot Cocoa) recipe! It beats all the non-paleo versions (because of the coconut milk flavor) and it takes less than 2 minutes to make!
By the way, do you know the difference between chocolate and cocoa? As it turns out, cocoa is a purer form of chocolate. Chocolate is made up of cocoa solids and cocoa butter, and cocoa powder basically has very tiny amount of cocoa butter in it and is mainly cocoa solids! Today you learned! Just kidding, you might’ve already known that… anyway, on to the recipe!
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 1 minute
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of honey (or to taste!)
1. Pour 1 cup of coconut milk in to a microwaveable mug, and heat coconut milk in microwave for 1 minute.
2. Add in cocoa powder and honey. Here’s the deal with the honey. If you don’t care for sweetness much or if you are using sweetened cocoa powder, you can skip it all together. If you’re not sure how sweet you want it, start small (1/2 tsp of honey) and then increase amount until your desired sweetness!
3. Stir well! The heated coconut milk should help do the trick of getting it well blended. If you were to do this in cold coconut milk it would be hard.
4. (Optional) Heat up for 30 seconds to make sure your hot chocolate is super hot! Or just start drinking it :)
You may also like...