Not only is cod a great low calorie source of protein, it is also has lots of other health benefits. It is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids (which is good for your heart), and packed with vitamins (such as B6, B12 and D). So why aren’t you making them for dinner? “Because I don’t know how!” Well, we will fix that! Check out how easy it is to pan fry cod:
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 2 6-ounce cod (with or without skin)
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tbsp olive oil/cooking fat
- Salt, as desired
1. For the cod, I actually had one piece of cod that I sliced in to two halves. I guess you don’t really have to do that, but I just like serving it this way. So first thing first, rub the cod with salt, amount as desired. Let it sit for for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes, rinse off the salt from the fish. Now, cover the fish with potato starch. The way I do it is to dump about 1/4 cup of potato starch on a big plate and place the cod on it both sides.
3. In a large skillet, heat your olive oil (or cooking fat of choice).
4. Cook the fish over medium high heat. If you selected cod with the skin on, start with the half without skin to the pan.
5. Cook for until white (usually, at least 5 minutes), and then flip it over carefully (skin on the bottom now) and cook another 5 minutes or until the cod is golden through out. This whole thing should be about 10-15 minutes.
6. Place on a plate and serve!
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!