As I’ve mentioned before in a previous post (about kale chips), kale is very good for you. Kale is a great source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K. So if you are looking for easy kale recipes, this side dish recipe is what you’re looking for!
Chunky Bacon Kale Stir-Fry
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
1 Head of Kale or Bag of Kale
3-4 Slices of Bacon
Olive Oil (optional)
Salt, as desired
1. Cut up your bacon in to some chunky pieces (or whatever size you want). I literally just used a pair of scissors, and cut them in to chunks. Some people prefer small bacon bits, but I like mine in huge chucks so I can eat big bites of kale with bacon :)
2. Depending on how much bacon you are using vs. amount of Kale, make a decision if you want to add olive oil or not! If you do, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. If not, skip this step!
3. Add the pieces of bacon and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
4. Remove the bacon and place aside. 5. With the pan still with that bacon fat/olive oil mixture (yum!), add in the kale.
6. Cook while occasionally stirring until kale is ready (when it’s bright green).
7. Add in your bacon and salt as desired.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Tina is a foodie that loves eating delicious and healthy. Having grown up in an Asian household in Atlanta, she loves creating and eating both Asian and American cuisine. Tina is the main blogger and owner of Oh Snap! Let’s Eat!. Read more…