As I’ve mentioned before in a previous post (about kale chips), kale is very good for you. Kale is a great source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K. So if you are looking for easy kale recipes, this side dish recipe is what you’re looking for!
[schema type=”recipe” name=”Chunky Bacon Kale Stir-Fry” image=”http://i.imgur.com/fwTbkRQs.jpg” prepmins=”5″ cookmins=”10″ ingrt_1=”1 Head of Kale or Bag of Kale” ingrt_2=”3-4 Slices of Bacon” ingrt_3=”Olive Oil (optional)” ingrt_4=”Salt, as desired”]
1. Cut up your bacon in to some chunky pieces (or whatever size you want). I literally just used a pair of scissors, and cut them in to chunks. Some people prefer small bacon bits, but I like mine in huge chucks so I can eat big bites of kale with bacon 🙂
2. Depending on how much bacon you are using vs. amount of Kale, make a decision if you want to add olive oil or not! If you do, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. If not, skip this step!
3. Add the pieces of bacon and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
4. Remove the bacon and place aside. 5. With the pan still with that bacon fat/olive oil mixture (yum!), add in the kale.
6. Cook while occasionally stirring until kale is ready (when it’s bright green).