Can you have fried chicken if you are eating gluten free or paleo? Some will say you can’t, but you can! You can do this with almond flour or almond meal! This Paleo Fried Chicken recipe is delicious and actually quite easy to make.
I’m so glad I was able to make this by the way, because fried chicken is one of my favorite foods EVAR. It’s always difficult to completely give something up you love so much if you are on a strict paleo diet. Just keep in mind that just because it’s paleo doesn’t mean you should eat this none stop (even if you want to!)
Paleo Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Cooking oil/fat of your choice
Paleo Fried Chicken Instructions
1. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk.
2. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (almond flour/meal, paprika, garlic powder, salt/pepper and cayenne pepper if you want a kick!).
3. Dip the chicken thigh in to the bowl of eggs, then in to the flour mixture.
5. Once your oil is heated and ready, place your chicken pieces in to the pan slowly. Be careful here as the oil is hot and you don’t want to get burned!
6. Cook the chicken thoroughly (about 10-12 minutes on each side) on medium high heat or until juices run clear. I used tongs for this as it makes it easier.
And that’s it! When complete, put aside on some paper towels if you want to make it a little bit less greasy, but when I make this, I don’t even do that as they don’t usually turn out too greasy for me.
Looking fore MORE Chicken Recipes? Check out The Ultimate Paleo Chicken Recipes Round Up! I rounded up over 100 Delicious and Paleo Chicken recipes to try out. There’s Fried Chicken, Roasted Chicken, Chicken Salad, Chicken Soup, Chicken Crock Pot recipes, Asian Chicken recipes, and MORE.
You liked that didn't you... well here's more!