Summer and watermelon go hand in hand. So do fresh greens! That makes these two the perfect to pair for salad. Watermelon and arugula, two iconic summer foods, get to together in a hydrating and spicy salad. The peppery arugula helps to offset the sweetness of the watermelon and if you just add some basil and salt and pepper, you have this delicious Paleo Watermelon Arugula Salad!
This salad is traditionally served with feta or a salty cheese. To keep it Paleo-friendly, I like to leave the cheese out but put a container of feta on the side as a garnish for cheese eaters!
- 1 small personal seedless watermelon, diced
- 1 clamshell (5 oz) of baby arugula
- 10-12 thai basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 Tbsp of sea salt (only use 1 if serving with cheese)
- 1 Tbsp of fresh ground pepper
- Peel and dice watermelon into a large bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Toss gently with washed Arugula.
- Add chiffonade basil right before serving.
Optional Deliciousness – Korean BBQ Chicken
This Paleo Watermelon Arugula Salad pairs perfectly with Korean BBQ chicken and grilled potatoes!
For a really quick Korean BBQ sauce, just mix 1/4 c. homemade apricot preserve with 1/8 cup coconut aminos, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 Tbsp of Korean Gochujang paste! Brush it on chicken thighs the last 3-5 minutes of grilling and you have the perfect summer meal!