I love the taste of tomato and basil together, so I thought they would go perfectly well in a Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushroom! What’s awesome is this is first time, I used the basil I planted in my backyard garden (thanks to my brother who gave me the seeds and what not) for a recipe! I hope you enjoy this paleo stuffed mushroom recipe :)
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 lb of sausage
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1 medium tomato
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms Instructions
1. Remove the stems from the portobello mushroom. You can either throw these away or chop them up and use them as part of the stuffing.
2. Cook your sausage with chopped garlic and also the chopped mushroom stem if you decided to go that route. Once done, put aside.
3. Preheat your oven at 400°F.
4. Chop up your tomatoes and basil.
5. Mix your sausage with the tomato basil in a large bowl.
6. Rub each portobello mushroom with olive oil.
7. Scoop your tomato basil sausage mixture in to each of the caps. Try to cram it all in there, but if it doesn’t work you can still cook it on the side.
8. Place on baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
You may also like...