One of my most popular recipes is probably this Easy Coconut Milk Curry Chicken recipe. It’s easy and it’s yummy, so I guess what’s not to like! I guess, if you are a paleo eater that doesn’t like white potatoes, then you might not like it. But that’s okay, because you can totally change it up and cook it with sweet potatoes like I do sometimes! Here’s the recipe!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk (~13.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Cooking oil of choice
- Sea salt, as desired
By the way, this dish is super customizable! Want to spice it up? Add chilli powder or jalapenos. Love veggies? Try mushrooms, green/red peppers, cauliflowers, and more! Just wanting to try different flavors? You can try lemongrass or basil too! I also would like to let you know that the curry powder you use could impact the taste a lot, so choose a good one! A few suggestions are: Thai, Chinese, Jamaican, Indian.
- In a large skillet, heat up your butter on low heat. Once it melts, add curry powder and swirl it around until well blended with a spatula.
- Add in the can of coconut milk, and swirl it around.
- Continue heating the coconut milk blend, while in a separate skillet, sauté the garlic and the onions with the cooking oil of choice.
- Once the onions are translucent, add in the cubed chickens.
- When the meat is cooked very lightly, add the cubed sweet potatoes and sautéed chicken/onion/garlic mix in to the coconut milk mix in the other skillet.
- Mix well together, and turn the heat up to high. Once it starts simmering, lower the heat to medium low, and cover.
- Let it cook for about 30 minutes or when your chicken is cooked thoroughly, occasionally stirring.