All right, stop begging! I’m finally going to post my mom’s Shrimp Fried Rice recipe! I know I’ve dangled pictures of it on instagram (many… times) long enough. So I apologize for the wait! If you eat gluten-free, you’re in luck because it is! If you’re paleo, maybe you can have some rice on your cheat day. :)
- 6 jumbo shrimps (or more smaller ones)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced ham
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas (optional)
- 1/3 cup of chopped scallions
- Cooking oil/fat of choice
- Salt and Pepper, as desired
- 2 tbsp rice wine (optional)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
0. Prepare all your ingredients. Chop up the carrots, onions, and scallions. dice that ham.
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the 2 eggs with 2 tbsp of water and optionally, 2 tbsp of rice wine.
2. In a skillet/pan (or wok if you have one), add cooking oil/fat of choice with the 2 cloves of garlic.
3. After it heats up, throw in the shrimp! Stir fry until it is no longer clear, but white and orange, and then quickly remove from heat.
4. Now add the carrots first. After a minute, dump the diced ham, onions, peas [optional] in to the skillet/pan/wok and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Pour the whisked eggs in to the pan and wait for it to solidify just a little, before stir frying it with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Now, you add the rice. Stir fry ALL the things for 1 minute.
7. Add Shrimp and stir fry for 3 more mins.
8. Add salt and pepper as desired.
9. Right before turning off the heat, add the chopped scallions!