If you haven’t heard by now, Bone Broth is amazing for you! There are numerous health benefits such as for your gut health, joints, skin, immune system and more! Also… it actually taste awesome adding it to other dishes that call for broth. So, let’s get to it then! Here’s a super easy method of making Simple Bone Broth with Slow Cooker.
Simple Bone Broth with Slow Cooker Ingredients
- 2-3 lbs bones – I usually use pork bones (and with bone marrow!), but it’s really up to you.
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Water (enough to cover bones in your slow cooker. My slow cooker is 5 quart.)
- Salt and pepper, as desired
Simple Bone Broth with Slow Cooker Instructions
The first thing I do is blanch it. To do this, place the bones in a pot and cover the bones with cold water. Bring to a boil, and let them cook for about 10 minutes before draining. This helps clarify your broth.
Put bones and vegetables into the slow cooker and top with water until covered.
Cook on low for 8-24 hours. I know that seems like a wide range. It’s cause technically you can start eating/drinking it at 8 but the longer you cook it the more rich it becomes. So if you’re not in hurry. Why not go longer! Season with salt and pepper as desired. You can strain it if you would like just pure clear stock, but if not, then don’t worry about it.
By the way, you can totally just drink the broth as is! After dumping some clear broth in to a container and popping in to the freezer, I like to enjoy the broth with all the veggies and some of the meat that gets left behind from the bones… like this:
One more thing! Check your bones for bone marrow! That stuff is some delicious and nutritious goodness that has many health benefits! When I was little, sucking out the bone marrow out of my mom’s bone broths was like my favorite part of dinner!
Recipes that use Bone Broth
Looking for some awesome recipes that use bone broth? Here’s 20 to give you some ideas! There’s entrees, soups, sauces, and even a smoothie one!
- One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies
- Strip Steak with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce and Mustard Roasted Asparagus
- Easy and Delicious Paleo Pumpkin Chili
- Paleo Mashed Potatoes with Slow Cooker
- Paleo Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Nomato Sauce (AIP Nightshade-Free Marinara)
- Slow-Cooker Beef Brisket Bourgignon
- Paleo Honey-Glazed Beef and Zoodle Soup, Chinese-Style
- Bone Broth Soup
- Cauliflower, Roasted Aubergine and Fish Broth Soup
- Chinese Meatball Soup
- Paleo Beef Bacon Bourguignon
- Grass-fed Stout Beef Stew
- French Onion Soup
- Immune Boosting Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- Carrot and Orange Smoothie
- Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
- Paleo Beef Chili
You may also like...