This is a simple recipe for chicken leg quarters if you don’t feel like standing in the kitchen for a long time before you eat your dinner. (Or if you have a lot of other things to make, and you need to make an easy entree!) What makes it simple is all it really requires is chicken leg quarters and a bunch of spice from your spice rack! I chose chicken leg quarters because dark meat is actually my favorite, but you can choose other parts of the chicken too, just make sure to change up the baking times if you do.
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
- 2 Chicken Leg Quarters
- Garlic powder
- Dried Rosemary
- Herbes de Provence (If you’re unfamiliar, this is usually a mixture of fennel, savory, basil, thyme, and other herbs.)
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper (optional, if you don’t like spicy, don’t add this one!)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Measurements of the spices? I usually just add whatever ‘feels right’ but I would say that it’s about 1 tsp per spice. Of course if you like something more than another I would add more of it, and if you hate something, leave it out!
0. Preheat oven to 425 °F.
1. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
2. Mix all the herbs/spices together in a separate bowl.
3. Rub mixture over chicken leg quarters and place in to a baking pan.
4. Drizzle some olive oil over the leg quarters, and pop in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Make sure you bake them until the juices run clear. I usually start checking the chicken a few minutes before it is done cooking to guesstimate how long it’ll take. I also slice up the chicken pieces for 2 reasons: 1) to make sure the juice runs clear, and 2) I like the looks of it!
Looking fore MORE Chicken Recipes? Check out The Ultimate Paleo Chicken Recipes Round Up! I rounded up over 100 Delicious and Paleo Chicken recipes to try out. There’s Fried Chicken, Roasted Chicken, Chicken Salad, Chicken Soup, Chicken Crock Pot recipes, Asian Chicken recipes, and MORE.
You may also like...