Healthy and Paleo Apple Banana Smoothie

22 Jul

As I said in my last post… smoothies are perfect for the summer as a breakfast or snack! But those store bought ones… are questionable when it comes to nutrition value. So here’s a real easy, healthy, paleo and vegan smoothie to try out because it is also delicious!!

Apple Banana Smoothie

Healthy and Paleo Apple Banana Smoothie
Healthy and Paleo Apple Banana Smoothie

Prep Time: 3 minutes

Cook Time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 cup of Coconut Milk
  • Ice (optional)

Instructions

1. Remove the skin of the apple (I used a peeler).

2. Slice off the apple flesh from the core, and chop it in to pieces. If you’re not going to use it right now, be sure to soak it in some salty water to keep it from browning.

Apple cubes

Apple cubes

3. Peel your banana, and optionally slice it in to a few pieces.

4. Place the banana, apple, coconut milk, and optionally the ice in to the blender.

Ingredients in the blender

Ingredients in the blender

5. Blend! It’ll turn in to a creamy smoothie :)

Smoothie done!

Smoothie done!

6. Pour in to glasses and enjoy!

Smoothie time!

Smoothie time!

You may also like...

10 Responses to “Healthy and Paleo Apple Banana Smoothie”

1. Urban Paleo Chef July 25, 2013 at 6:58 am #

That’s a good looking smoothie! Nice real-foods, great flavors! Score!

• Tina T. July 25, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Thanks! That is just my kind of smoothie! :)

2. Vana December 1, 2013 at 7:33 pm #

Amazing! I used one large ripe banana, one apple, half a tin of coconut milk, 3 ice cubes (pinch of nutmeg). Coconut milk was too thick and ice cubes helped to water it down. A favourite with everyone in my family, esp my 4 year old son! yum..
    I love this site.

3. Vana December 1, 2013 at 7:34 pm #

I love this site. (from UK)

• tsaitina December 2, 2013 at 3:44 pm #

Super glad you liked it! Never thought about adding nutmeg. I’ll probably have to try that some time!

• Ed March 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm #

I also just started adding some strawberries to the mix, as well as half a cup of spinach, too, and it’s awesome!

• Shari March 31, 2014 at 7:14 pm #

Is there a replacement for the coconut milk I have allergic reaction to coconut ?

• tsaitina March 31, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

Hey Shari! I would try Almond milk. It’ll be a different flavor, but it should do fine :)

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Healthy, Vegan, and Paleo Smoothies | Oh Snap! Let's Eat! - July 22, 2013

[…] Apple Banana Coconut Smoothie […]

2. A Collection: Gluten Free and Paleo Breakfast Ideas | Oh Snap! Let's Eat! - July 30, 2013

[…] Apple Banana Smoothie […]