I love creamy pumpkin soup, and it’s the perfect season for it! Here’s a paleo and dairy free version of a cream of pumpkin soup that you can make with pumpkin puree!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (or 15 oz of homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 4 tbsp butter (or coconut oil for no dairy)
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, as desired
By the way, you don’t have to use canned pumpkin puree for this recipe (I was just trying to keep things simple and had an organic can of pumpkin puree at the time), you can make your own pumpkin puree if you would like! Here’s how to make your own.
2. Once it’s all melted and sizzling, add your chopped onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is transparent.
3. Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
4. Once the soup is boiling, lower the heat (to low) and add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice). Stir well. (Btw, if you’re wondering what you should do with the rest of the pumpkin puree, you can try making this pumpkin cake dessert in the microwave!)
5. Cook for another 5 minutes and you should be set!
6. For an extra touch of prettiness, after you transfer the soup in to individual bowls, I poured some coconut milk on a spoon and drizzled it over the soup along with some more ground pepper!