One of my favorite things to do is to experiment with different ideas to cook or bake. This weekend, I made baked zucchini chips. This is a healthy snack choice and reminds me of that Kale Chips making phase I went through a while back. Something to take note though, they’re a lot more difficult to make than kale chips, but if they come out right, they are super super tasty! Here’s how I made these Baked Zucchini Chips:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours
- Zucchinis (1 zucchini makes about a medium sized bowl and was the perfect snack size for 1 person/me!)
- Olive Oil (or if you are strict paleo, melt down coconut oil and use that instead)
- Salt, as desired
- Paprika, as desired
0. Preheat oven to 250°F.
1. Slice zucchinis very thinly, about as thin as you can cut it with a knife (don’t use a mandolin slicer).
2. Throw the zucchinis in a mixing bowl and sprinkle oil, salt, and paprika in it. Mix it all together gently. Two things to take note here: 1) Make sure you don’t put too much olive oil so that is is soggy. If this happens, your zucchini chips will come out too soggy. 2) Make sure you don’t put too much salt on there because the zucchini will shrink a considerable amount once it is baked.
4. Place zucchinis on baking sheet without touching each other like so:
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Take out zucchini chips and check on them. I flipped them over to make sure they were evenly cooked.
7. Bake for another 30 minutes or until crispy (could take up to 45 mins or more depending on how thin zucchinis were sliced and different ovens), but keep an eye on them because if they cook too long, they get over cooked.
8. When crispy, take them out and let them air and cool down for a couple of minutes before you eat them! Be sure to eat them within an hour or two because they will start losing their crispiness!